Monday, March 31, 2008

The Wedding That "Launched my Cupcake Career"!






I've always done small catering on and off - the whole works - curry, beehoon, desserts etc... so it was 'just' another project when my hubby told me a client of his asked if I could cook up some brunch for her wedding registration at a Buddist temple.

Her menu was simple - 'meat-free' food that could withstand the heat at the reception hall (no airconditioning)! She asked for brownies - which I sincerely think are only heavenly when served warm with dollops of icecream and choc fudge sauce - which of course wasn't possible! So I suggested cupcakes - since I know they've been the new chic choice for weddings, especially informal ones.

The marble glaze effect on the cupcakes were created with homemade raspberry jam and lemon curd over Varlhona white choc glaze - pretty tedious but very pretty. I just started learning how to pipe designs, but the piped buttercream hearts were really easy! She had my 'now-famous' vanilla white choc cake, and lemon poppy seed. The sweet-tangy combinations were perfect.

Those cute wedding couple toppers I happened to chance upon at a curious shop were the 'icing on the cake'!

Thks Cass - you're wonderful and the cheeriest bride ever! This also marks the end of my full-menu catering - I knew from then on I had the greatest passion for cakes, and cakes only!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I luv the marbel on your cupcakes. They look like miniature cheesecakes. Very Lovely

cheesecakediva said...

I luv the marble cupcakes. They look like miniature cheesecakes. Lovely.

sinfully yours said...

Thanks diva! Painstakingly swirled with a toothpick haha!