Monday, March 31, 2008

Tis the Season for Fruitcakes!



Come November, I start bringing out my fruitcake bundt tins, chopping up the fruits, and toasting the nuts. It's the only time of the year I make fruitcake - that wonderfully dense confection with AMAZING keeping qualities!

My version of fruitcake is a pretty rich Dark Grand Marnier Fruitcake - the ingredients list is long... but I love what the orangey tang and hint of choc lend to it. It is exceptionally moist (with a heady dousing of Grand Marnier), almost a brownie-pudding, and meant to be enjoyed in small doses.

Because of this richness, I prefer to make it in 5" diameter bundt tins - a lovely and most appropriate snowflake shape. It is also a fantastic size for festive gifting, and all my fruitcakes come giftpacked in gold/silver boxes with ribbons and trims, and a handmade hand-embossed gift tag.

No comments: