Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Salabianca's Cupcake Giftboxes




My dearest old friends - Allan and Tino of Salabianca (a fabulous homegrown fashion label) - held a new year's party at their hip pad. When they found out I bake, they immediately showed their support with an order of 80 boxes of 'door gifts' for the guests! That's 320 cupcakes!

I was given a free hand - so I decided to make the cupcakes very 'Salabianca'! The label is well-known for it's lovely embellishments, intricate embroidery, luscious fabrics ... ready-to-wear mix-and-match occasionwear that's totally utilitarian. So I opted for piped swirls depicting feathers and ornate embroidery, with fondant pearls and flowers.

The cupcakes were boxed in Salabianca's signature silver, and it fitted perfectly into their 'oh-so-chic' Graffitee bag. Only Allan and Tino would think of 'door gifts' for party guests... sort of an adult party pack!

Luckily for me, they invited lots of people from the press. They loved the cupcakes and this event led to me being covered by The New Straits Times. The editor - Ms Poh Lin loved them and promptly sent her writer over! Thanks a million - Allan, Tino and Poh Lin - you all made my 40th birthday a real celebration!

No comments: