Thursday, April 17, 2008

Little Erin's 1st Birthday!


Pink, pretty and everything nice - I love creating these oh-so-pretty cupcakes for sweet little babies like Erin!

This is one of my typical 16-pc birthday cupcake-cake - a perfect size for small celebrations, and adaptable to 25 or 36pc squares, or 20/30pc rectangles ... depending on the number of persons in the party. The upside? Great portability, fuss-free, more flavours in one 'cake' (I usually propose a 2-flavour combi)... all you need to do is bring extra little boxes to conveniently pack home the leftovers (if any)!

I was really happy with the design I created for this particular 'cake' - it's one of my faves. The idea came from a cute baby card I spotted at my fave scrapbooking haunt - Papier - a line of baby laundry drying in the sun! I added a trail of yellow duckies at the bottom, complete with bubblebath and all! All little kids love yellow duckies, don't they?

No comments: